We have two separate areas to conduct research:
- Computational Cluster
- Behavioral Laboratory
The cluster comprises 24 computer nodes and 1 login node. The computer nodes are interconnected by 4 switches. Each node has two 2-GHz Intel Xeon E5 2650 8-Core processers running a Linux operating system with 32 GB of RAM, 20 MB of cache memory, and 300 GB of local disk storage. Furthermore, each node has access to a network file system, providing a total of 8.6 TB of disk storage.
There are two networks that interconnect the cluster:
- 10 Gigabit Ethernet network used by the network file system
- 10 Gigabit Ethernet network used for communication in parallel applications (Message Passing Interface system)
Behavioral laboratory - cbclab.upf.edu
Our laboratory consists of two separate areas:
- Infant area (A, B, C)
- Adult area (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, D, E, F, G, H, J, and I)
There are also common areas, notably the reception (R) and warehouse/workshop (M).
Each experimental room has a control room, and each pair of rooms are acoustically isolated from each other (~55 dB).
We can apply different techniques in this research space:
- Event-related potential (ERP) recording: 2 systems of 64 channels (BrainVision Recorder) using passive (EasyCap) or active electrodes (actiCap)
- Transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS): Magstim Rapid2, SofTaxic Optic 2.0
- Eye tracking: Tobii T60-XL, TX-120 and TX300
- Vibrotactile studies: Dancer Design system